Forgot password?
 Register
View: 174|Reply: 21
Collapse the left

Recycled missing

[Copy link]
Post time: 2024-5-8 19:12
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi! So first of all - thank you to all the mods for your hard work!!! Especially lately with all the spam messages!
I have a question though (sorry if it was already answered somewhere!). I noticed that Recycled is no longer available to view. I kinda miss it, because I often usted it in informative way. For example if I see a pattern in New Patterns that I'm interested in, I don't assume that it was already posted earlier and so I don't check in the search if it already exist, but when I open it in a new tab for me to download later, and it gets moved to Recycled, I can't see what pattern it was. Often I don't remember what it was and even if I remember what it was, I don't necessarilly remember by who it was and with some patterns (for example unicorns) there's too many to fish out of all the results. When I was still able to see Recycled, I saw the mod's comment that it's already posted and could quickly find the actual pattern.
Another example - add-ons posted in magazines. Sometimes people post add-ons only and they get moved to Recycled because the magazine it's in is already posted, including the add-on. But without admin's comment on why the add-on was recycled, I don't know where to look for the add-on so I won't be able to find it in the magazine. Sometimes I find add-ons only on the internet but I check PinDIY to see if there is a copy in better quality available, and I'm not always aware that what I'm looking for is an add-on and not a standalone pattern.
I'm not attacking anyone by the way (I'm not a native English speaker so I'm not sure if I sound neutral or more like I'm accusing admins, but I'm trying to go for neutral tone), just curious because being able to view Recycled posts was pretty helpful to me at times

Comments

Recycle section came back :)))  Post time 2024-5-10 07:47

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +5 Collapse Reason
bs.frog + 5 Good Points!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2024-5-8 19:50
| Show all posts
I have complaints more than I thought ;P

People love to see recycled posts and our works (Iguess:loveliness:)

I will ask to our tech team ... Maybe you will see only reply section as before :loveliness:

Comments

I also found seeing why something was recycled helpful!  Post time 2024-5-9 23:50
That would be amazing! Also thank you for the answer!  Details Reply Post time 2024-5-8 20:45
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-8 20:29
| Show all posts
Hi. I would be very happy if I could get a question answered by one of the moderators, because I can't ask it elsewhere or in private messages.
I am also interested in one question about the Recycled section.
Bounty Area was looking for a pattern, a single pattern, not the whole log, that's probably important. One moderator checked the pattern I uploaded, I was rewarded for the best answer. I decided it was ok.
The next day, another moderator moved my thread to Recycled with a note that it was a single pattern, not the whole magazine. My bewilderment was long. Considering that now neither the thread with the pattern search nor my thread with the uploaded pattern are either not on the forum or they are not available for me to view, my bewilderment remains. Can I expect any answer to my question here to avoid similar situations in the future?

Comments

@Anniekins  Details Reply Post time 2024-5-9 10:27
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-9 19:27
| Show all posts
This was reported to me and I gave the reward. However, the pattern was already on the site before the bounty was opened so you got the reward in error.
The pattern you uploaded was recycled.
Does this answer your question?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2024-5-8 20:45
| Show all posts

That would be amazing! Also thank you for the answer!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-9 23:52
| Show all posts
Great point Szeh, I used the recycled area like you. Thanks for bringing this up. Your English was perfect, very nice and neutral  :)

Comments

Your welcome :)  Post time 2024-5-10 09:17
Thank you! Glad to heart that :)  Post time 2024-5-10 08:17

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-8 20:11
| Show all posts
I'm used to add it to Favorites. Like you I can't see the recycled post, but in Favorites I can see the title, and search it again on the website.

Comments

Oooh, that's really smart!   Post time 2024-5-8 20:46

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2024-5-10 19:27
| Show all posts
@Turquoise thank you so much for listening to us, users, for quick response and for informing me Recycled is back! ❤️ You guys are the best :)

Comments

I am so happy too :)))  Post time 2024-5-10 20:41

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-9 10:27
| Show all posts
Roksiy

Login/Register to enlarge
2024-5-8 14:29

Hi. I would be very happy if I could get a question answered by one of the moderators, because I can ...

@anniekins

Comments

Thank you)  Details Reply Post time 2024-5-9 12:01

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2024-5-8 20:44
| Show all posts
anniekins

2024-5-8 13:18

The recycled areas were never supposed to be available for viewing by members.

Thank you for an answer!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-8 19:18
| Show all posts
The recycled areas were never supposed to be available for viewing by members.

Comments

Thank you for an answer!  Details Reply Post time 2024-5-8 20:44

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-8 20:11
| Show all posts
Your English is just great!! Xx

Comments

Thank you!   Post time 2024-5-8 20:46

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-9 12:01
| Show all posts
Turquoise

2024-5-9 10:27

@anniekins

Thank you)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-20 01:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.085021 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list